I’ve only made this a couple of times but it is so easy and amazingly tasty! Little man was not a fan the 1st time he tried it but it is toddler friendly along with being syn free.
- Small pack of diced chicken
- 150g of risotto rice
- 2 rashers of smoked bacon, cubed
- 1 diced onion
- 100g of mushrooms, sliced
- Handful of frozen peas
- 1.5 tsp of Very Lazy Garlic
- 1/2 a litre of vegetable stock and 1/2 a litre of chicken stock mixed together
- 20g of grated strong cheddar cheese
Fry off the onions and garlic for about 5 minutes until softened. Add the chicken and bacon and cook till browned then add the mushrooms and rice. Cook for a couple of minutes then add about a third of the stock and add the peas. Cook on a medium heat and each time the liquid starts to disappear, add another ladle or 2 and stir. This does take a while but trust me it’ll be worth it. Keep going till you are about of stock, the rice should have absorbed it and you should have a creamy consistency. Add the cheese and stir it in well, serve and enjoy.